The Academic Council is a collegiate governing body of Dmytro Motornyi Tavria State Agrotechnological University, which is formed for the term of five years and whose staff is approved by the order of the Rector within five working days since the date of termination of the powers of the previous staff of the Academic Council.
The Action Plan of the Academic Council of the University regulates its activities for the academic year. The frequency of meetings of the Academic Council is monthly, except for the vacation period.
Decisions of the Academic Council are enacted by the orders of the Rector of the University.
The Academic Council of the University:
- Determines the strategy and perspective directions of development of educational, scientific and innovative activity of the University.
- Develops and submits to the highest collegiate body of public self-government the draft statute of the University, as well as the decision to amend and supplement it.
- Approves the financial plan and the annual report of the University.
- Defines the system and approves the procedure of internal quality assurance in higher education.
- Decides to allocate own revenues in the territorial bodies of the central executive body in the field of treasury service budget funds, or in banking institutions.
- Approves, upon the submission of the Rector of the University, a decision as to formation, reorganization and liquidation of its structural subdivisions.
- Arranges the secret ballot elections for the positions of deans, heads of departments, professors and associate professors, director of the library, directors of separate structural subdivisions.
- Approves educational programs and curricula for each level of higher education and each major (specialist).
- Decides on the organization of the educational process, determines the terms of training at the appropriate levels.
- Approves the sample and procedure for the production of his own document on higher education, the provisions of the procedure and the grounds for its issuance to the graduates, as well as samples, procedure of issuance, procedure and grounds for issuance of joint and double diplomas for graduates.
- Adopts the main directions of conducting scientific research and innovation activities.
- Evaluates the scientific and pedagogical activity of structural units.
- Assigns scholars with the titles of a professor, an associate professor and submits a corresponding approval decision to the attestation board of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- Makes the final decision as to the recognition of foreign documents on higher education, scientific degrees and academic titles during the recruitment of pedagogical, scientific and scientific-pedagogical and other employees, as well as during the enrollment of applicants to study.
- Has the right to submit a petition concerning the recall of the Rector of the University on the grounds stipulated by the legislation, the Statute of the University, a contract considered by the highest collegiate body of public self-government of the University.
- Considers other issues of the activities of the University in accordance with its Statute.
The Secretary of the Academic Council is
Tel. (0619) 44-03-08