PUBLIC DISCUSSION CONCERNING THE PROPOSAL TO GRANT THE TAVRIA STATE AGROTECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY (TSATU) THE NAME OF DMYTRO MOTORNYI
Informational announcement concerning the proposal to grant the Tavria State Agrotechnological University (TSATU) the name of Dmytro Motornyi
Dmytro Motornyi, Hero of Ukraine, twice the Hero of Socialist Labor
Dmytro Motornyi and TSATU: connection throughout life
Dmytro Motornyi – graduate of the Melitopol Institute of Agricultural Mechanization (now TSATU) 1959.
For the university Dmytro Motornyi was not an ordinary person. The most famous graduate of our school, permanent member of the University’s Supervisory Board, Honorary Professor TSATU, friend, advisor, infinitely sincere, kind and simple man.
Throughout his life, Dmytro Motornyi maintained close ties with the Tavria State Agrotechnological University, where he was always a desirable and distinguished guest. He always had something to tell the teachers and students of the university, who, breathlessly, listened to the reports and memories of the legends of the museum stands of TSATU, the best among the best graduates of TSATU, the specialist of the highest class and the Head of the capital, because Dmytro Motornyi worked and lived for people.
Dmytro Motornyi was a constant active participant in the most significant university events: the anniversary of TSATU; proposition for «University Day of TSATU»; annual festive «Dedication to students of TSATU»; Annual Reporting Conferences of the TSATU Labor Team; annually professional holidays to the Day of the Agricultural Worker and to the Day of the Education Worker and many others.
His last visit was in September 2017 – 85th anniversary of TSATU, where Dmytro Motornyi was an honorary guest.
A book by Dmytro Motornyi «Land and People» – TSATU’S student’s desk book, and the words of the song «Love the field», the author of which is Dmytro Motornyi – second anthem of TSATU:
Дід і прадід виростали в полі,
Батько поле потом поливав.
Я на ньому – світла моя доле,
Борозну піввіку прокладав!
Для людини – хліб святиня вічна!
Справді, хліб усьому голова!
Покохайте поле, люди добрі,
Бо без поля хліба не бува.
Перемрію з полем до схід сонця,
Розповість воно мені про все,
А тоді сторицею віддячить –
Хліб і радість людям принесе!
Назавжди я закохався в поле,
Добрий слід залишу на землі,
І спасибі скажуть вірні друзі,
Діти і онученки мої!
Все своє життя прожив не марно –
Щоб буяли ниви як моря!
А було і ясно, було й хмарно,
Та щаслива доленька моя!
Поле мене прийме до покою –
Все життя з ним в злагоді прожив!
І пригорне як свою дитину –
Я на це у поля заслужив!
Biography of Hero of Ukraine Dmytro Motornyi
Dmytro Motornyi (November 2, 1927, Rozyanchyna (Rodzyankine), now the village Trudolyubivka – July 31, 2018 the village Chornobaivka Kherson region) – Ukrainian agrarian and politician, twice Hero of Socialist Labor, Hero of Ukraine.
Dmytro Motornyi He was a deputy to the 10-11 th convocation of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, an honorary member of the Ukrainian Academy of Agrarian Sciences; chairman of the board of the private-leasing cooperative “Zorya”.
Born on November 2, 1927 (Rozyanchyna (Rodzyankine), now the village Trudolyubivka Bobrynets district of the Kirovograd Oblast (province)); Ukrainian; father Kostantin Radionovich (1903-1951); mother of Evdokia Grigorievna (19081970); wife Anna Ivanovna (1937-1995); daughter Tamara (1956) – doctor, Dnipropetrovsk city; daughter Olga (1965) – doctor, Chornobayivka village.
Education: 1957-1959 – Melitopol Institute of Mechanization and Electrification of Agriculture (TSATU now), engineer mechanic.
- 1944-1948 – tractor driver, farmer’s chauffeur named after Karl Marx, v. Baltazarivka Chaplinsky district of the Kherson region.
- 1948-1952 – student, Kherson shipbuilding technical school.
- 1951 – All-Union Communist Party (Bolsheviks).
- 1952-1953 – assistant master, master, senior master of Kherson shipbuilding factory.
- 1953-1957 – Head of the studio of the Ushkal MTS of the Kherson region.
- 1957-1959 – student of a special faculty, Melitopol Institute of Mechanization and Electrification of Agriculture (now TSATU).
- 1959-1963 – chief engineer, secretary of the party committee, and since February 1963 – chairman of the Kirov collective farm (from 1997 – private-leasing cooperative “Zorya”), village Chornobaivka Bilozersky district Kherson region.
- March 1989-1991 – People’s Deputy of the USSR from the Union Council of Collective Farm, The chairman of the board of collective farms of Ukraine (June 1987 – October 1992).
- 1999 – the trustee of the candidate for President of Ukraine L. Kuchma in the national constituency. • Author of the book «Land and People» (1980).
Private-leasing cooperative “Zorya”:
In 1963 Dmytro Motornyi headed the collective farm named after S. Kirov village Chornobaivka Bilozersky district. Now the former collective farm, having undergone a reformation stage on a new, private basis, became a private-leasing cooperative “Zorya”. This farm is now one of the flagships of the agrarian Kherson region.
Way of the private-leasing cooperative “Zorya” – increase fertility of soils, introduction of industrial technologies, rational use of mineral and organic fertilizers, land reclamation, introduction of the production of the most productive varieties and hybrids, implementation of a system of measures for the protection of plants, improvement of the structure of crops, the development of proper crop rotation. As a result of the high culture of agriculture and livestock, the improvement of technology, organization and wages in the field of plant growing, which significantly increased the yield of crops and gave record performance. Acquisition of computer equipment and breeding software allowed to raise the breeding work of PZK “Zorya” to a qualitatively new level, due to which two breeding livestock breeding factories were approved at the farm: Ukrainian red milk and Angers. The farm is preserved in a holistic complex. This vision is already on a state scale.
Great attention of Dmytro Motornyi was devoted to the social and household sphere. In Chornobaivka, a cannery, a mechanized turkey, a milk processing workshop, a fruit storage facility, a room for keeping cattle, as well as a palace of culture, a kindergarten, a school, a gym, an outpatient clinic, a boarding house, a gas and plumbing network, etc. were built. On the territory of the farm there are four sports halls, a stadium with an irrigated lawn. Among the athletes are the sports masters and candidates for masters of free wrestling, weightlifting. In private-leasing cooperative “Zorya” was created a football club “Kolos”, which has its own charter, participates in competitions of regional and district levels, actively engages young people in sports.
The main state awards
- Twice Hero of Socialist Labor (1966, 1986).
- Orders: October Revolution (1971), Lenin (1966, 1975, 1986).
- The title of Hero of Ukraine with the award of the Order of the State (November 2, 2002) – for outstanding personal services to the Ukrainian state in the development of the agro-industrial complex, introduction of modern forms of management.
- Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise V century (Осtober 27 1997) – for a significant personal contribution to the development of the agro-industrial complex, many years of diligent work.
- Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise IV century (November 15, 2012) – for a significant personal contribution to the development of agro-industrial production, significant labor achievements, long-term selfless work and on the occasion of the Day of Agricultural Workers.
- Honored Worker of Agriculture of Ukraine (1977).
- Winner of the Republican Prize named after V. Seminskyi (1988), awards named after V. Vernadskyi (2000)
- Silver Medals Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy of the USSR (1967, 1972), Gold Medals Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy of the USSR (1975, 1982, 1983, 1989).
- Diplomas of Honor Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy of the USSR (1984), with the presentation of the car “Moskvich” (1986).
- Excellence in education of the USSR (1987).
- Laureate of the rating “Golden Fortune” (2000).
- Diploma “The best person of the year of Kherson region” in nomination “Agricultural Worker of the Year”(2001).
- Labor Award of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy of Ukraine “Badge of Honor” (2002).
- Honorary Award “For many years of fruitful work in the field of culture” (2003).
– On conferring legal entities and property of the names (aliases) individuals commemorative and holiday dates, names and dates of historical events : Law of Ukraine from 21.05.2015 № 4865-VI
– On approval of the Procedure for Public Discussing in consideration of issues concerning the assignment of legal entities and objects of ownership entitled to them, objects of ownership, owned by individuals, names (pseudonyms) of individuals, anniversaries and holidays, names and dates of historical events: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from October 24, 2012 № 989
August 27, 2018 at the meeting of the TSATU administration Rector of the University, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor V.Kyurchev submitted a proposal for the assignment of TSATU named after Dmytro Motornyi, twice the Hero of Socialist Labor, Hero of Ukraine, a graduate of our educational institution.
The rectorate unanimously approved the decision to support the proposal of the rector of TSATU, V. Kyurchev and about the introduction of a public discussion procedure on the assignment to the Tavria State Agrotechnological University named after Dmytro Motornyi in accordance with the current legislation.
The following steps have been taken in accordance with the procedure:
28.08.2018 – is formed a working group, a plan of measures for public discussion of the initiative for the assignment to the Tavria State Agrotechnological University named after Dmytro Motornyi – is approved by the order of the rector.
29.08.2018 – a meeting of the labor collective was held, where the discussion of the proposal on the assignment to the Tavria State Agrotechnological University named after Dmytro Motornyi.
29.08.2018 – a meeting of the Working Group was held, developed Action Plan on conducting public discussion of the initiative on the assignment to the Tavria State Agrotechnological University named after Dmytro Motornyi – approved by the order of the rector.
30.08.2018 the decision of the Zaporizhzhya Regional Council was adopted to support the proposal of deputies of the Zaporizhzhia Regional Council on the assignment to the Tavria State Agrotechnological University named after Dmytro Motornyi and send an appeal to the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
03.09.2018 in the reading room of the scientific library, an exhibition-dedication dedicated to Dmytro Motornyi “The Patriarch of Ukrainian Land”.
03.09 – 30.09.2018 – conducting public discussion at all separate structural subdivisions of TSATU.
The public discussion lasts until October 27, 2018.
We ask all those who are not indifferent to join the discussion.
Send your suggestions and comments to
Email – address – firstname.lastname@example.org
V. Kyurchev (0619420618), O. Bilotska (0619440331), I. Hrytsaienko (0619423371).
TSATU office: address – Avenue B. Khmelnitsky, 18, Melitopol city, Zaporizhzhia region, 72310.
Extract from the minutes №4 of the meeting of the council of the agricultural production cooperative “Zorya Motornogo” on the assignment to the Tavriya State Agrotechnological University name after Dmytro Motornyi.